Attracting inward investment
- Business Birmingham has helped deliver over 11,000 new jobs in the
past 3 years, driven more projects and initiatives than ever before as well as
achieving record levels of capital investment into the city.
- With an overseas presence in
North America, India, Germany, Australia and China, Business Birmingham now has one
of the most expansive international reaches of any city in the UK.
- As Birmingham’s economic zones
and city centre enterprise zone develop, momentum will continue to build
amongst investors, developers, supply chains and occupiers.
- Fostering good relationships
with investors and their advisers continues to be key. The Business Birmingham
team partners with the local business community in order to introduce investors
to Birmingham’s compelling offer.
- With significant centres of excellence in
areas such as HR, law and financial services, the impetus in niche sectors such
as e-commerce and social media are gaining the city national and international
- The city's global reputation is also growing in life sciences and digital media, seeing more investment channels continuing to open up.
- More than ever, investors are
increasingly considering alternatives to London and being seduced by the
Greater Birmingham region.
- Excellent links and connectivity aside, it is the
combination of a high quality, highly energised workforce and cost efficiencies
that are catching the eyes of major players like Deutsche Bank, ASOS and DHL.
- The Business Catalyst programme helps many new businesses to
set up and expand by reducing the associated risks. It offers attractive
incentives such as rent-free periods, free and discounted space, subsidised
recruitment costs, PR support, legal, banking and accountancy advice.